| Lord of Man General
|| 人公將軍 (traditional)|
|| Réngōng Jiāngjūn
|| Jen-kung Chiang-chün
| Other translation(s):
|| Lord of Humanity General|
'Lord of Man' and 'General'
(two separate titles)
| Incorrect translation(s):
|| General of the People[n 1]
| Wielded by:
|| Zhang Liang
Lord of Man General (réngōng jiāngjūn 人公將軍) was a military title proclaimed by and to Zhang Liang 張梁 on the eve of the Yellow Turban Rebellion.
When the Zhang brothers were betrayed and Han was aware of their plans, the brothers prepared for battle and gave themselves titles. Zhang Liang proclaimed himself 'Lord of Man General'. Zhang Jue 張角 and Zhang Bao 張寶 titled themselves Lord of Heaven General and Lord of Earth General respectively. By taking this title Zhang Liang presented himself as a symbolic embodiment of man.
Duties and RightsEdit
- The brothers presented themselves as symbolic embodiments of heaven, earth and man, the all-embracing triad.
- ↑ An incomplete translation of 人公將軍 often seen in Koei games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Michaud, The Yellow Turbans, page 77
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Levy, Bifurcation of the Yellow Turbans, page 253
- ↑ de Crespigny, A Biographical Dictionary, biography of Zhang Liang, pages 1062-63