After the death of Liu Bei in the fourth month of 223 AD chieftain in the south of Yi Province called Yong Kai revolted and seized the Grand Administrator of Yizhou Commandery and sent him to Sun Quan of Wu as a means of offering allegiance. In return Sun Quan appointed Yong Kai from afar as Grand Administrator of Yongchang Commandery (Yǒngchāng tàishǒu 永昌太守).[n 2]
When Yong Kai went to pick up his post he was met with strong resistence by Shu-Han troops and was unable to advance. He therefore called upon the help of a man of the district, called Meng Huo 孟獲. Meng Huo was asked to persuade the various barbarian tribes of the region to join Yong Kai. Zhu Bao was one of the men who revolted and responded.
Ma Zhong was ordered to attack Zangke commandery, where Zhu Bao was active. At Qielan 且蘭 district in Zangke commandery Ma Zhong defeated Zhu Bao.
There are no records of him thereafter and the cause of his death is unknown.
Fact vs. FictionEdit
- Historically Zhu Bao was not killed by Gao Ding 高定.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Chang Qu, Huáyáng guó zhí, scroll 4
- ↑ Wiktionary, pages for 朱 and 褒.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Fang, Chronicle of the Three Kingdoms, volume 1 page 143
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fang, Chronicle of the Three Kingdoms, volume 1 page 194